Edison Stock Ticker Memorabilia
This Vintage Edison Stock Ticker Tape Machine Replica Lighter looks fantastic sitting on a shelf! It features a metal base, engraved brass plate, a glass dome, and even a ticker-tape! The engraved brass plate reads, "EDISON STOCK TICKER - Designed by Thomas Edison in 1870 this stock ticker was used for receiving stock quotations from the nation's leading exchanges for over 80 years."
- Measures approx. 3.75" x 4.25" Base x 5.5" H
- Vintage Item - Circa 1960s - 70s
- Metal base with rich dark mahogany finish
- Glass dome sits just outside the bevel of the base. It's barely noticeable as seen in the photos.
- It's in excellent condition overall - showing minimal shelf wear.
We are not sure if it functions as intended. On the bottom, there are two screws, one for the flint and one for the lighter fluid. We don't test these because we love them as vintage decor.
When you take the dome off and inspect, you see an intricately made device, shiny, and well-executed. A neat replica of a classic stock ticker made by the most famous US inventor. A must-have for the collection!
These are incredibly difficult to find! They make the perfect gift for that special financial person in your life!